Wednesday 12 August 2009

The Great British Summer

So, due to the unpreditable British weather, we decided not to go camping last week and instead took day trips when the rain stopped.


I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a fair weather camper, let's face it, I'm not as young as I used to be either (need an inflatable bed these days, none of this sleeping on the floor business!) and I think if I'm honest with myself, I'm just waiting to win the brand new VW campervan from Dorset Cereals.


So beautiful. I can picture myself emerging with denim hotpants and festival wellies, looking just like Kate Moss...(that's my little joke, I'm not really that deluded!) Anyway I don't know how many boxes of muesli your household is getting through, but here it's almost like a modern day version of the Salt family trying to discover a golden ticket for Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. When we win the little beauty I will be sure to write and tell you and post some lovely pics.

By the way, if you like the idea of camping with style, you must check out Happy Loves Rosie's vintage Holivan. How achingly cool is that?

3 comments:

  1. I want the camper van. hubby is gutted plans to make a newer version have been scrapped but I would be more than happy with one of these re-vamped oldies. best go buy some cereal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute camper. I can definitely see it decked out with all your lovely cushions and boats. Fingers crossed. Plus what a lovely time it looks like you guys had. Holidaying at home can be such fun and NO hassle of packing. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just entered the competition. I'll share it with you though if I win x That Hollivan is wicked - has Kirsty written all over it. You might need to give it a red and white stripe paint job though!

    ReplyDelete